Environmental Studies and Sustainability Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Environmental Studies and Sustainability BA Program:
- Students will understand key sustainability concepts and become practiced at applying these principles to real world problems.
- Students will be able to use interdisciplinary and collaborative decision-making processes to devise practical solutions for managing environmental problems.
- Students will be able to analyze and critique sustainability issues balancing multiple disciplinary perspectives and research approaches (e.g., social, ecological, ethical, philosophical, political, and economic).
- Students will demonstrate analytical proficiencies, both quantitative and qualitative, to support data-driven decisions.
- Students will understand the system interactions and feedbacks between human activities and social institutions and the natural environment.
- Students will be experienced in communicating their learnings both in writing, visually, and orally, and for specific and general audiences.